Friday, March 05, 2010

Anime Movie Review: Summer War

Anime Name: Summer War
Release Date: August 1 2009 (Japan)
I am a little annoy on myself. Why didn't I go forward to his counter when he was here at AFA'09?! I could have got the story plot and even signature from Mamoru Hosoda himself. If only I had the money... *cry* Man, I didn't know the movie was such an interesting one! Regrets~!!! *Sigh*
Ok. So let's go into the summary of the story.
When timid eleventh-grader and math genius Kenji Koiso is asked by older student and secret crush Natsuki to come with her to her family’s Nagano home for a summer job, he agrees without hesitation. Natsuki’s family, the Jinnouchi clan, dates back to the Muromachi era, and they’ve all come together to celebrate the 90th birthday of the spunky matriarch of the family, Sakae. That’s when Kenji discovers his “summer job” is to pretend to be Natsuki’s fiancé and dance with her at the birthday celebration. As Kenji attempts to keep up with Natsuki’s act around her family, he receives a strange math problem on his cell phone which, being a math genius, he can’t resist solving. As it turns out, the solution to the mysterious equation causes a hijacking of the social networking site through which most of the world's social and business traffic flows. - Obtain from Anime News Network
So the story starts with introducing of OZ, the world of Internet where you can do everything. (Which everyone is hoping that it becomes reality) You can get to shop around, play around and even talk to one another without problem with languages. A pretty much nice place huh? All you need to do is to create an avatar and your account will be well protected. (Yeah, well protected with 2056 digit of numbers as password?? WOW!) You can play, work and even own company in there.
Then again, our main character, Kenji Koiso, turned out to be working in OZ as system administrator(simple maintenance) with his friend, when his senpai, Natsuki came over to them asking if anyone of them is free and willing to take up a job FROM her. (which both of the guys want but only Kenji was chosen.) It was only after Kenji reached Natsuki's home, did Kenji knew that his actual job was to pretend to be Natsuki's lover (with him already in love with her obviously).
Then it happened. While Kenji tried to play up with Natsuki's family, he received a weird email in the night, challenging him to break the encrypted message which he did tried. And everything happened. His account was being hacked by an unknown person and being used to illegal thing and he was on the news for it. Of course, ending up truth was revealed to the family.
That is not the main thing. The main story is that the thing that actually took Kenji's account is a hacker A.I. created by Natsuki's uncle, given the name: Love Machine (because there is a love on the forehead?). Now, Kenji and the whole of Natsuki's family have to try to defend this A.I. in order to, not only recovered the stolen avatar but also to protect their love ones.
I find it quite interesting in overall. And to be honest, I hope this idea actually comes to real. OZ world that is. It is a really interesting concept. Oh. Did I mention that Kenji's a math freak? Haha. Was hoping my maths could get even better after watching this show. Hahaha!
I better get back to review. Anyway. *cough* This story not only talk about friendship, courage but also family importance. At time of problem, sometimes and most of the time, family is the one that will be there to help always, no matter what. I myself, truly believe that in this idea. ^0^ Of course, friends are just as good as family sometimes. Like in Kenji's case, he still has his friend, Takashi Sakuma. Although he, himself, is just a funny character. But I like King Kazuma the best even for his master, Kazuma Ikezawa. He is so cute~!!
Oh. And yeah, the A.I. looked like some battle god which really looked so evil. Haha... There was one part which is really sad. That's when Natsuki's grandmother died. I have a feeling that the hacker A.I. did it on purpose to cause her to die. (EVIL!) I really feel so sad for everyone. She is such a nice grandmother.
The battle scene is really nice. I enjoy this show so much that even though I wanna share some image from the Anime but unfortunately, I can't get any image out of the video. Sorry! Going to get the DVD for this! And you guys out there SHOULD REALLY watch this movie!

No comments: